- Lockyer Valley Economic & Industry Brief [PDF: 1,337kb]
- Lockyer Valley Regional Development Framework 2013 -2023 [PDF: 3,797kb]
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council Economic Development Plan [PDF: 3,232kb]
You can be part of one of the fastest growing regions in Australia. Traditionally known for it’s horticulture and farming, The Lockyer Valley is rapidly changing into the “region of choice for vibrant rural living”.
The Lockyer Valley is focused on maintaining its rural lifestyle while providing modern day technologies and facilities.
Relaxed lifestyle, outstanding investment and business opportunities, education, spectacular tourism products, a friendly community and proactive local government make the Lockyer Valley a great location to work, live and play.
Position, position, position!
The Lockyer Valley is strategically positioned in the South-East Queensland corner.
- Approximately 2,200sqkms with 10% of the region as prime farm land
- 45 minute drive to Brisbane CBD
- Western corridors’ primary transport route via the Warrego Highway (A2) linking Australia’s capital cities
- Major transport distribution hub
- World’s finest sandstone product and many extraction industry businesses
- 30 minute drive to 2 major regional cities in Toowoomba and Ipswich.
The Lockyer Valley’s opportunities in industry are evolving from its primary base of horticulture to:
- Food processing
- Food packaging
- Transport & Storage
- Extraction industries
- Property & business services
Need more info?
Lockyer Valley Regional Food Sector Strategy [PDF: 2,935]
Council’s Regional Development Department
Mr Jason Harm
Manager Regional Development
Direct: (+61 7) 5462 0365
Mobile: 0488 089 532